Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 8 - Glendalough & Dublin


This morning we woke up early and left Dungarven  to head to Dublin. We all knew it was going to be a long drive, but the narrow roads and driving on the other side of the road made it much longer.

We made a stop Glendalough for a couple hours. Here we saw the old monastery of St. Kevin. It was another beautiful stop along the way. To be perfectly honest, I do not know the significance of everything we saw. This trip made me realize that I need to be more appreciative of things around me. People come across the world to see the sites I’m given the chance to see. Some people who would love to visit these place may never get the chance to like I have had!

After hours of traveling through mountains, hills and back-roads, we made it to Dublin! It was a bizarre feeling going from the countryside full of grass and cows to the city full of energy. When we arrived to Dublin, we felt as though we fit right in. Myself and the three other female students I am traveling with shared a room with 16 other girls. We are sharing the room with girls from New Zealand. I am so excited to get to know them and learn more about their culture. It is a place that I have only heard of but did not know much about.

Tomorrow is the first day of the Mercy International Conference!

Sláinte!
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment